I was given two awards this week. Three, if you count both of the Inspirational Blogger awards the marvellous Jo Robinson of africolonialstories. Since I’ve already boasted posted about having been given that award before, I’ll just thank Jo effusively, post the new badge here, and go on to the next one.
Liebster, in case you don’t have pickled cabbage juice in your veins, is German for sweetheart, darling, honeybaby…. You get the picture.
Okay, so, these are the rules:
2. Nominate eleven bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award.
3. Notify the bloggers.
4. Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the nomination.
5. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated.
6. Link back to the person who nominated you.
Eleven random facts about me:
- I was only ever in one fight, with a girl half my size, and I lost. No, I never got in one punch. She started it. She finished it, too. Her name was Peewee.
- The word pro-active makes me want to bite a chunk out of a redwood.
- I’m allergic to chamomile tea.
- My SCA name is Maude McEwen.
- I love “My Neighbor Totoro”.
- My favorite movie ever is “Fight Club”, with “Ishtar” a close second.
- Yes, “Ishtar”.
- Although I’m practically a vegetarian, my mother tells me that my first word was MEAT.
- I still like meat.
- But I also love vegetarian food.
- I think W. C. Fields’ line, “Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump” is endlessly funny even though I don’t subscribe to the philosophy, myself.
Here are the bloggers I’m sending the award on to:
- Joanna Foreman, who paints the past with words
- Meeka, who knows what kitties like
- Perry Block, still cute, in spite of what he says
- Cairn Rodrigues of the Askew Questions
- Mr. Nikita, The Opinionated Pussycat
- Jo Robinson – ha, ha, got you back, dear lady!
- My sister, Marion Driessen
- Erin Eymard of The Bookworm’s Fancy
- Virginia Jennings, Where Writers and Authors Meet
- Stacy J. Garrett aka Etta Jean
- Adrianna Joleigh of the Nadia serial
Questions I Was Asked and My Answers:
My Questions For My Chosen Bloggers:
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you choose the topic(s) for your blog?
- How do people find your blog?
- Do you feel comfortable promoting/advertising your own stuff?
- What’s your happiest earliest childhood memory?
- If you could have any critter, real or imaginary, as a pet, what would it be?
- What would you name it?
- Why would a woodchuck chuck wood?
- Vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore?
- What are you reading (not these questions, silly! what book?)?
- What is your superpower?
A WRITING PROMPT FOR YOU: Have one of your characters answer the questions I just asked and/or the questions that were asked of me.